Cycle to Serve
Date: Saturday, May 12, 2018
Time: 8:15am; Registration begins at 7:00am
Registration: Parking lot of Anything Office, located at 309 Main St NW, Lenoir, NC
Ride Begins: 309 Main St NW, Lenoir, NC
Distance: 25 miles, 40 miles, and 100k (62.25 miles)
|Committee Members||Michael Dineen, Chair||Paul Brandenburg|
|Geoff Burbridge||William Sullivan, Fundraising||Adam Sterken|
|Falon Veit Scott||David Waechter||Bob Giduz|
Cycle to Serve is an annual bicycle ride, begun in 2007, to promote health and wellness in Caldwell County, as well as being a major fundraiser for the Lenoir Rotary Club. The ride usually takes place on the Saturday before Mother’s Day in May (Or an alternate date to be selected.), and involves many Rotarians in a wide variety of tasks prior to and on the day of the ride. Subcommittees include Publicity/Marketing, Fundraising, Post-ride Events, Registration, and Course Coordination.
Riders may choose from three different courses, all of which begin and end in downtown Lenoir, only about an hour and twenty minutes from Charlotte, Asheville, or Winston-Salem.
- 62.5 miles, the metric century
- a 40 mile route
- a 25 mile route
Fundraising Goal of $10,000
All proceeds from this ride will be used for the Rotary Club’s charitable program. Some of these projects include:
- Providing a Christmas party and gifts for 70 disadvantaged children,
- Tutoring and helping provide dictionaries for every third grader in the Caldwell County Schools,
- Providing lunch for the Special Olympics,
- Sponsoring a Little League baseball team,
- Sending three students to the Rotary Youth Leadership camp,
- Funding over $7,000 in educational scholarships.