Helen Hall, Chair
Under the direction of subcommittee chairs, the Scholarship Committees will:
- Award one (1) music scholarship to a middle school student from one Caldwell County School, in the amount of $400 to be used for tuition at a summer music camp. This award is based on the financial needs of a student who desires to develop a career in music. It is presented in memory of Mary Frances Ballew, long-time Club pianist. The subcommittee chair will work with Jonathan Beal. Recommendations for the scholarship will be made mid-April.
- Award eight (8) $50 scholarships for middle school participants in day music camp.
- Award two (2) nursing scholarships. The Troutman Scholarship is given to a first-year nursing student at CCC&TI for $1,000 and is named in memory of Chuck Troutman’s father, Dr. Baxter Troutman.
- The second scholarship is to a second year nursing student at CCC&TI for $1,000 given by the Club in honor of Dr. Jane Carswell Roberts.
- Award three (3) scholarships, one to each high school in the amount of $1,500 each.
- Award the Ed Tutor Baseball Scholarship to a senior who has excelled in baseball. This scholarship is endowed and sponsored by The Education Foundation.
- Award the Lenoir Rotary Club/Dent Sullivan Scholarship for a student at CCC&TI.
- Identify a candidate for an Ambassadorial Scholarship. The Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholarship is a $25,000 scholarship for a one-year study abroad awarded to post-graduate students. Committee members can help identify and assist prospective students with application and deadlines.
NOTES: Scholarships awarded by this Club are not eligible to members’ immediate families. All other Rotary scholarships are open to those who meet the criteria established by the scholarship program.
How to Apply
For more information, please email Helen Hall, Chair by clicking here.
Interact Club - Hibriten High School
Denise Long, Chair
The Interact Committee, in cooperation and support with the school principal, will ensure that the Hibriten High School Interact Club is successful through the following:
- Invite and recruit rising 9th graders to join the Interact Club. Upper-grade students may also join Interact upon invitation.
- Hold Interact Club meetings per allowed school schedule.
- Conduct at least two service projects, one local and one that is international. Service projects may be done in partnership with the Rotary Club of Lenoir or Hibriten High School.
- Develop fundraising projects to support Interact activities. Such fundraising may be done in partnership with the Rotary Club of Lenoir.
- Provide all new members with an Interact pin.
- Sponsor at least 1 student to RYLA
Rotaract Club - Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute
Regina Hartley, Chair
The Rotaract Committee, in cooperation and support with the school president, will ensure that the CCC&TI Rotaract Club is successful. To that end, the Committee will:
- Invite Rotaract Club members to attend Rotary Club meetings.
- Hold one Rotaract Club meeting and one Board meeting per month.
- Conduct at least two service projects, one local and one that is international
- Develop fundraising projects to support Rotaract activities. Such fundraising may be done in partnership with the Rotary Club of Lenoir.
- Provide all new members with a Rotaract pin. Provide start-up costs.